All photography provided by Joseph Crowe
The Genealogy Event was borne from an interest and passion in providing learning and connecting opportunities for those interested in genealogy and DNA.
introducing genealogy & dna events
The Genealogy Event first launched October 26th & 27th 2012 in New York City offering a variety of concurrent short talks, one on one consults as well as a range of exhibitor booths. Since that time the event has evolved to include different formats, venues and locations. In 2016, The Genealogy Event was held in Adare, Ireland on Sept 2 & 3 at the Woodlands House Hotel; DNADox, the beginner DNA bootcamp took place Oct 1, 2016.
The most recent The Genealogy Event took place Sept 1 & 2 2017 in Adare, Ireland. The next Irish genealogy and DNA conference will take place Aug 31 & Sept 1, returning to the Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel.
Currently a review is underway for the The Genealogy Event taking place in New York City . Further updates will follow and will be posted to the site as well as to social media.
The following are the past events held in New York City and Limerick, Ireland:
- Sept 1 & 2: The Genealogy Event at Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, Adare Ireland
- Oct 1: DNADox at the Centre for Social Innovation, NYC
- Sept 2 & 3: The Genealogy Event at the Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, Adare, Ireland
- Oct 16: GENGEN (Genealogy over Generations) at the Scandinavia House, NYC
- Oct 17: GENGEN (Genetics over Generations) at the Scandinavia House
- Aug 21 & 22: The Genealogy Event at the Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, Adare, Ireland
- Oct 17 & 18: The Genealogy Event at the National Archives at New York City
- Oct 19: DNA Day at India House, New York City
- Aug 22 & 23: The Genealogy Event at the Strand Hotel, Limerick, Ireland
- Nov 1: The Genealogy Event at the Metropolitan Pavilion, New York City
- Oct 26 & 27: The Genealogy Event at the Metropolitan Pavilion, New York City