All photography provided by Joseph Crowe
The Genealogy Event was borne from an interest and passion in providing learning and connecting opportunities for those interested in genealogy and DNA.
introducing genealogy & dna events
The Genealogy Event first launched October 26th & 27th 2012 in New York City offering a variety of concurrent short talks, one on one consults as well as a range of exhibitor booths. Since that time the event has evolved to include different formats, venues and locations. In 2016, The Genealogy Event was held in Adare, Ireland on Sept 2 & 3 at the Woodlands House Hotel; DNADox, the beginner DNA bootcamp took place Oct 1, 2016.
The next scheduled event is The Genealogy Event that will take place Sept 1 & 2 2017 in Adare, Ireland, returning to the Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel.
A spring The Genealogy Event in New York City is under review and further updates will follow.
The following are the past events held in New York City and Limerick, Ireland:
- Oct 1: DNADox at the Centre for Social Innovation, NYC
- Sept 2 & 3: The Genealogy Event at the Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, Adare, Ireland
- Oct 16: GENGEN (Genealogy over Generations) at the Scandinavia House, NYC
- Oct 17: GENGEN (Genetics over Generations) at the Scandinavia House
- Aug 21 & 22: The Genealogy Event at the Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel, Adare, Ireland
- Oct 17 & 18: The Genealogy Event at the National Archives at New York City
- Oct 19: DNA Day at India House, New York City
- Aug 22 & 23: The Genealogy Event at the Strand Hotel, Limerick, Ireland
- Nov 1: The Genealogy Event at the Metropolitan Pavilion, New York City
- Oct 26 & 27: The Genealogy Event at the Metropolitan Pavilion, New York City